Innovation cell is established by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. The purpose of this initiative is to systematically fostering the culture of innovation in all higher education institutions across the country. This is established to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
Major focus on IIC
To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem. Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs. Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework. Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas. Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Function of IIC
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.